Monday, October 17, 2005

cheap games

I have a Playstation. The old original one. I have about 8 games for it, but none that were bought in the past 3 or 4 years. I still have my Sega Genesis hooked up to the same TV the Playstation is connected to as well. I have less games for that. A couple of years ago I got a Nintendo Gameboy Advance. It came with a Zelda game and I bought Metroid. I have a handful of games for my PC including SimCity and Warcraft. What do I play? Free online games.

Right now, my favorite is the 8-Ball Pool game from Orbitz. It’s a flash animation game of standard 8-ball. I love it. I wish I could save it to my computer to play anytime and not just when I get the pop-up when I check out the weather on-line. So far, my record is barely over .500. I hate it when the computer nearly runs the table on me, but I still enjoy playing.

My other current favorite is more a puzzle than a game. It’s a numbers puzzle called su doku. Basically it’s a 9-row by 9-column grid. Additionally, these rows and columns make nine 3x3 blocks. The object is to get the digits 1 through 9 in each row, column, and block without repeating. The difficulty of the puzzles gets harder each day of the week. Usually, I find the ones at USAToday.com to be quite easy. The ones from the London Times are more difficult. I’ve never been very good at crossword puzzles (my vocabulary skills suck), but these puzzles keep me on my toes.

The best thing is these games are free. The web is full of free games. I played a Myst-like game on line the other day that I really enjoyed. It wasn’t all that difficult, but I still enjoyed it. I honestly don’t have the time to play an entire season on Madden ’06 let alone an entire baseball season on a PSP. At least this way, I can tap into my inner child without paying $39.99.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home