Tuesday, November 02, 2004

i'm how old?

On September 6th, I turned 30. It wasn’t any big deal. Really. I only wanted to things by the time I turned 30: my first child and a full head of hair. Going bald is one of my biggest fears. Fortunately, when I turned 30, I had both of these. My daughter was born a little over 3 months before I made it to that milestone and my hair, although graying, is still all there.

By age 30 I don’t know what I thought I might accomplish, be in addition to my daughter and the flowing mane of hair, my career has taken a turn for the better. I had also landed my own office in a Fortune 500 company. I have a real office with a door and a window with a nice view. I’m managing a team of five people right now and I must say it feels pretty good. It’s been an interesting experience so far and I hope to learn a lot while it continues.

What do I expect out of life? I don’t know. Life is what you make of it. So far I think that I’ve made mine pretty enjoyable. I have regrets; who doesn’t? But I hope that the next 30 years grant me the chance to do things I may have passed on in the past. I’m not talking about jumping out of airplanes or climbing El Capitan. I just hope that when an opportunity to do something different, I take it. Life’s to short to pass up pie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home