Friday, October 22, 2004

the beginning of my experiment

Okay, so I basically know that this isn’t going to be all that good, but it’s something I’ve been meaning to do for a little while, so I’m going to give it a shot. I wanted to start this before my daughter was born, but she’s now 20 weeks old and I’m only starting today.

So what is it that I’m doing anyway? Rambling, more than likely. There isn’t going to be any cutting edge stuff here. It may be a little reminiscing, and it will likely be a lot of opinionated garbage, but I’m hoping for it to be a little bit of a release for me. I’ve never been a “literary guy”. My vocabulary skills are lacking and my SAT verbal score of 430 surely displays my lack of such skills. However, I have always enjoyed reading. News, fiction, non-fiction; I enjoy it all. Whether I can WRITE is left to be seen.

So, here commences an experiment. What I want to get from this (besides a place to release some creativity) is I want to let my daughter know that Daddy can do more than push paper at his corporate job. Maybe, someday, when I’m old and gray, she’ll be able to say, “My Dad wrote all this.” Maybe not.


I'm the reason my Daddy is writing this blog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home